Beyoncé’s Renaissance World Tour is coming to Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, making it the artist’s first appearance in North Carolina since 2016.
North Carolina BeyHive show up and show out: The Queen is coming to the Queen City.
The concert—which is set for an 8 p.m. start time on Wednesday, Aug. 9—is bound to have Uptown Charlotte buzzing, as fans across the state and country gear up to see the Grammy Award-winning artist make her first return to North Carolina since 2016.
A night of jubilation and “renaissance” lies ahead. Here are some logistics to keep in mind, as well as fun ways to prepare for what some might describe as the “the greatest pop show on Earth.”
In need of last-minute tickets? There may still be some options through popular ticket sites.
- Ticketmaster: Verified Resale Tickets are still available, starting as low as $250 for standard seats to as high as $3,501 for remaining VIP packages
- SeatGeek: Tickets from $373 to $7,537
- StubHub: Available tickets range from $242 to $1,967+
If I’m coming to the show, how early are we talking?
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and VIP Early Entry at 6 p.m. Bank of America Stadium recommends arriving early to avoid long lines and for concert-goers to have their mobile tickets easily accessible. Fans will be able to use any of the three main gates for entry into the stadium.
Thinking of bringing some things with you? Be mindful of the clear bag policy.
The Stadium maintains a clear bag policy, which will be enforced prior to entering the queue lines. Approved items may be placed in transparent plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or purses, bags or clutches no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″. So, know what you are bringing in advance and the best way to carry them. Make sure to leave home any prohibited items such as outside alcohol, laser pointers, etc. Prohibited items discovered during a security check can be discarded or be returned to the owner’s vehicle (both outcomes can be incredibly inconvenient).
Options for getting to and from the concert.
If driving your own vehicle, there are a variety of garages and surface lots within close distance (10-15 minute walk) of the stadium that offer parking access. Make sure to arrive early if you need to park your vehicle.
Light rail and ride share services are also recommended as a convenient way to get to and from the stadium. Consider taking the Lynx Blue Line or utilizing services like Uber and Lyft. For rideshare users, drop-off and pick-up is located at the corner of Third Street and Church Street near Romare Bearden Park.
Prepare for the heat if necessary.
Yeah, Queen Bey’s gonna keep the show “Heated,” but so could the weather. Extreme heat has become common these last few weeks in North Carolina, so preparing is essential for a great concert experience. Stay hydrated and wear sunscreen! Bank of America Stadium allows guests to bring two sealed 16.9 oz bottles of water.
Enough about logistics! What can I expect from the Renaissance World Tour?
The three-hour long concert features an eclectic mix of sounds and dances in celebration of Black and queer ballroom culture. Expect a high energy, dynamic performance by one of the greatest performers of all time, as she guides us through the ethereal joy of “Renaissance” (the album) and additional hits from her discography.
Of course, expect Queen Bey to look good while doing so. Her World Tour wardrobe has featured a variety of high-fashion, custom looks by Alexander McQueen, Loewe, Gucci, Fendi, and notably Louis Vuitton.
How have fans been preparing for the experience?
If you’re part of the BeyHive, you already know the hype that surrounds every Beyoncé appearance, and fans rarely if ever are able to keep things under wraps.
Whether you’ve absorbed every clip of Queen Bey’s tour thus far or have managed to avoid social media like a plague, preparation can be the ritual that you want it to be. Here’s what some fans have been doing.
- Listen and study the setlist: Some of us can be a tad bit scared about going to a concert and not knowing the lyrics to any of the songs. If that sounds like you, consider consulting a setlist. Fans have kept track of the songs that have appeared at the different showings—mind you, with some variation. You never know what to expect from Beyoncé, in all her glory. Of course, if you don’t mind surprises, be ready to enjoy all the imaginable.
- Dress like an alien superstar: Concerts are always an excuse to dress up, but even more so when they revolve around a theme like that of Renaissance. Think something along the lines of alien cowgirl, Studio 54, disco, and all-things glitter galore! Many fans have donned cowboy boots, cowboy hats, glitter or sequin clothes, and items with a touch of color. Nonetheless, it’s still important to stay comfortable, and there is nothing wrong with preferring comfort over a whole fit.
- Take care of yourself during and after the show: Hours of non-stop entertainment filled with jubilant singing and dancing will make just about anyone tired. Be sure to stay hydrated and get much needed rest afterwards.