Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the world’s largest fundraiser for Alzheimer’s care. And there are 11 upcoming NC events aimed at ending the disease. Here’s how you can get involved.
This Saturday, the Eastern North Carolina Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association is hosting a Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Raleigh. The walk is part of the largest event in the world that amplifies awareness of Alzheimer’s and raises money for research, and support.
The fundraiser is open to people of all ages and abilities this Saturday in Raleigh at the Halifax Mall.
NC news and culture, straight to your inbox. Sign up for our free, award-winning newsletter.
If Saturday is short notice and Raleigh is too far, don’t worry. There are 11 more walks in North Carolina until Nov. 4 where you can participate or volunteer.
How to Get Involved:
- Consult the websites for the Eastern or Western North Carolina Chapters of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Choose the town where you want to walk or volunteer.
- You will see buttons where you can register, volunteer, or donate.
- If you are walking, you can participate with a team of family or friends, join an existing team, or walk as an individual. There is no fee to join the walk but you have the option to fundraise or donate to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- If you would like to volunteer on the day of the walk you will be asked to fill out a volunteer form. Select the options that you are interested in and wait to hear back!
- If you would like to donate to the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, you can designate the funds on behalf of a team walking in your town or directly to the Alzheimer’s Association.